Welcome

Purpose of this blog is for me to try out recipes from my Weight Watchers cookbooks and hopefully I can find some really yummy, low point recipes to share. But this site is NOT an official Weight Watchers site.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Pasta with Chicken Sausage pts4 (230 calories)

yes I over cooked my zucchini, but my pasta looks tasty
Pasta with Chicken Sausage
I have been buying Andouille sausage (sausage seasoned with Creole seasonings) for making gumbo. I had some left over from the last batch of gumbo I made. There are a number of brands out there that make a chicken Andouille flavor sausages. This is the one I used, Open Nature Smoked Andouille Chicken sausage.
I had some things left over and needed to use it up.
Here is the recipe I used-
  • 4 servings of whole wheat pasta (read your box)
  • 3 links chicken sausage
  • 1 cup Pasta sauce
  • 1 small onion chopped
  • 1 medium red sweet pepper
instruction- Start by heating water and cooking up the pasta. Cook up the chicken sausage, then cook up onion and red pepper until soften. Drain cooked pasta, add onions, red peppers, and sauce. Toss together and serve. 
quick easy and a healthy serving. 
Suggested sides: asparagus, zucchini, green beans, okra

serves 6
Calories: 230 per serving, fat: 5.3g, fiber: 5 g
old ww pts: 4 per serving

No comments:

Post a Comment