Welcome

Purpose of this blog is for me to try out recipes from my Weight Watchers cookbooks and hopefully I can find some really yummy, low point recipes to share. But this site is NOT an official Weight Watchers site.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Sugar-Free Homemade Honey BBQ sauce

BBQ sauce is so expensive considering how cheap it is to make.
I tried my hand at making my own for my pulled pork recipe. This is only sugar-free as far as honey has natural sugar in it still.


Sugar-Free Honey Homemade BBQ sauce
1/4 c water
1/4 c Worcester Sauce
2 TBS vinegar
1 small can Tomato Sauce (no salt preferred)
1 TBS Honey (more if you like that honey taste but calories count is for only one)
2 TBS Dijon Mustard
1 TBS corn starch
1 tsp garlic powder *optional if you want the garlic taste or sprinkle straight on the meat
1-2 TBS Splenda or Stiva (as you see needed, DO THIS LAST, once removed from the heat)


In a small sauce pan mix in slowly each item mixing with a whisk on a low heat EXCEPT for the sugar substitute!
Once all added, thickening, and boiling remove from heat, let cool a little add sugar substitute and then place on meat for marinading. 


Disclaimer I have never used without slow cooking or marinading the meat. Have not used straight on the meat.
It makes almost 2 cups of BBQ sauce.
The whole thing is: 214 calories and 3.7g fiber 
I use it to cover pulled pork, it fully flavors 8 servings of pulled pork, adding 27 calories per serving to the calories of the pork.

No comments:

Post a Comment