Welcome

Purpose of this blog is for me to try out recipes from my Weight Watchers cookbooks and hopefully I can find some really yummy, low point recipes to share. But this site is NOT an official Weight Watchers site.

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Guilt Free Chocolate Chip Cookies- 2 cookies for 1(old) ww point

photo of "world's Healthiest Chocolate Chip" used from chocolatecoveredkate.com- thanks
I love Chocolate Covered Kate's blog. She is a Vegan, but takes into consideration that there are different needs when eating healthy. I like that she has such a range of "healthy" recipes.
This one I made a few tweeks to but for the most part it is Kate's "World's Healthiest Chocolate Chip" recipe. 
My version of the 'Guilt Free Chocolate Chip Cookies'


Guilt Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/3 c flour
1/4 c oat flour (take oats and grind them in a grinder or blender, I do a cup or so at a time and store what I don't use.)
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 c chocolate chips
1 TBS brown sugar 
2 TBS white sugar substitute (Splenda, Stevia)- add more as you feel it needs to sweeten
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp oil
1 TBS apple sauce
2 TBS skim milk 


Mix all up scoop mixed dough and roll into a ball. Place balls on cookie sheet. If you want a flat cookie look, press ball down flat. Cook for about 8 minutes. Be very careful not to over cook. They taste burnt before they fully look burnt.
Makes 14 small cookies (apx 1tsp ball). Calories: 27 fat: 2g fiber: 1g
That's 685 calories if you eat the WHOLE thing yourself.
That's 1 point for 2 cookies under the old ww system. Woohoo
You can get more fiber for   the same number of calories by using entirely oat flour.


Warning to Remember: ONLY do ONE batch at a time. I don't recommend doubling or tripling this   recipe. I can't explain why, but any time I do I loose cookies. The dough just doesn't go as far and I end up with a cookie missing (and I did not eat it by eating the dough). The other day I doubled it and was only able to get 22 cookies out of the dough. For the 4th of July I tried to triple it and lost 5 cookies. For each cookie you lose that means those calories are in the other cookies and it is no longer as "guilt free" to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment