Welcome

Purpose of this blog is for me to try out recipes from my Weight Watchers cookbooks and hopefully I can find some really yummy, low point recipes to share. But this site is NOT an official Weight Watchers site.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Baked Salmon

This was the first time I had ever made fish. I'm not a big fan of eating fish, but my husband loves it. Since its expensive to buy good fish (and impossible to buy it really fresh) in Arizona, I use that as an excuse not to make it for my husband. But with Lent ongoing, fish is a more reasonable price. I decided to try my hand at it.

Baked Salmon
2 serving, 8 points
4 servings, 4 points
1 lbs Salmon (salmon is about a point per oz)
1 tbs spray butter
1 tbs lemon juice
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp kosher salt

Place a sheet of tin foil onto a baking sheet. Place the salmon scale side down on the tin foil. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the fish. Drizzle spray butter on the salmon, and drizzle the lemon juice. Let it sit out for 5 minutes before putting it into the oven. Broil fish or bake it on a high heat. Watch carefully, do not over cook. Remove from heat once fish meat because flaky. I didn't understand what this ment until it got to this point, you can take your fork and run it over it and it will break apart in the flaky fish cooked texture. Remove from oven and serve. I actually enjoy eating fish in small amounts and when it hasn't been in the freezer yet. Fish is tastier the closer in time since they left their home in the water. 
Sorry no picture. They are on the computer that is on the fritz.

No comments:

Post a Comment