Welcome

Purpose of this blog is for me to try out recipes from my Weight Watchers cookbooks and hopefully I can find some really yummy, low point recipes to share. But this site is NOT an official Weight Watchers site.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Stuffed Peppers-5pts

These were yummy. I'd make them again. I think next time I will try using Worcestershire sauce instead of the tomato sauce and then add actually chopped tomatoes. Sorry I forgot to take a picture. I will have to get into a habit of doing this.

Stuffed Peppers
(4 servings, double everything for 8 servings)
*denote not being in the original recipe
  • 1/2 lbs of lean beef (90 or above, if you use lower make the adjustment) you do not need to brown it before adding it to the mixture, although if you are using a fattier beef I would recommend browning it and draining off the fat.
  • 1 c cooked long grain brown rice (you can used white rice, I used long grain brown and was able to add the beans for the same number of points)
  • *1/4 c black beans (cooks/canned and rinsed--if you use white rice add a point for the beans)
  • 1/4 c green peas (thawed if frozen)
  • onion-finally chopped (I used 1/2 of a large onion, if it is small use the whole thing)
  • 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tbs tomato paste (next time I want to try Worcestershire sauce doesn't change the points)
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1 tsp thyme
  • 1 tsp basil
  • 1/2 tsp sage
  • 1/2 tsp rosemary
  • *1 tsp cumin (we love cumin and next time I might add even more)
  • 4 large sweet peppers (red, green, orange, yellow-its your choice), cut off the tops and clean out seeds
  • 1/2 c tomato puree or tomato sauce
Mix the beef, rice, onion, peas, beans, rice, cheese, seasons and 2 tbs or tomato paste (or Worcestershire sauce)- mix together, fill peppers with mixture. Bake at 350 degrees, covered with foil and just enough water to cover the floor of the baking pan, cook for 30 minutes and then remove the cover and continue to cook for 20min more. Cool a bit before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment